Menopause is a natural transition that all women go through, typically between the ages of 45-55. As the ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone, women may experience symptoms like hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood changes, trouble sleeping, and more.
While menopause is inevitable, the symptoms can often be managed through lifestyle changes, hormone therapy, or other treatments prescribed by a menopause practitioner. Getting the right care can help minimize discomfort during this transition.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of menopause include:
The severity of symptoms varies greatly between women. Working with a menopause expert can help determine the best treatment options for your individual needs.
Seeking treatment for menopause symptoms can make a significant difference in one's quality of life. Some of the key benefits include:
- Hormone therapy can provide relief from troublesome vasomotor symptoms like hot flashes and night sweats. It can also help with vaginal dryness.
- Certain therapies may improve mood, sleep quality, energy levels, and one's overall sense of well-being.
- Managing menopause symptoms may help lower the risk of developing other conditions like osteoporosis or cardiovascular disease when treatment is started early on.
- Finding the right treatment plan can help women feel more like themselves during the menopausal transition. Being able to manage symptoms allows one to continue enjoying day-to-day life.
Working with a best menopause specialist ensures access to the latest treatment options and personalized care for optimizing health and wellness during this transition.
There are a variety of treatment options that menopause clinics may recommend or provide, including:
- Estrogen therapy: Helps relieve hot flashes and vaginal symptoms
- Progestogen therapy: Prevents risk of uterus cancer that can occur with estrogen alone
- Bioidentical hormones: Plant-based with similar molecular structure to human hormones
- Prescription medicines for hot flashes, sleep, or mood
- Vaginal estrogen products for comfort during sex
- Supplements like black cohosh, vitamin E, or phytoestrogens
A certified menopause practitioner can help determine which options may be best for each woman based on her symptoms, health history, risk factors, preferences, and treatment goals.
When it comes to navigating menopause, having an experienced menopause doctor on your side makes all the difference.
Our clinic specializes exclusively in midlife hormone health for women. Our menopause practitioner stays up-to-date on the latest research and treatment options.
We take time to understand your unique situation and needs. This allows us to come up with a customized treatment plan to help you feel your best.
We are your partner throughout the menopause transition and beyond. We make medication adjustments as needed and provide ongoing guidance.
At Balance Clinic, we understand the challenges of menopause. Our goal is to provide specialized care empowering women to manage symptoms and thrive during this next chapter of life.